Leaky Gut is the the root cause of over half of all chronic disease. The fact is, millions of Americans suffer from it and are dying from the diseases associated with it – autoimmune disorders, IBS/ IBD, type 1 diabetes, autism, allergies, asthma, and now, cancer.
The crazy part is, you might have it and have no idea what “it” actually is.
Leaky Gut Syndrome is basically the breaking down of the walls of the intestine, so that undigested food particles, toxic waste and bacteria “leak” through the intestine into the blood stream wreaking havoc on your immune system – and worse – causing disease.
According to Dr. Leo Galland, director of the Foundation for Integrated Medicine, the following 10 symptoms can be signs of leaky gut -
- Chronic diarrhea, constipation, gas or bloating
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Poor immune system
- Headaches, brain fog, memory loss
- Excessive fatigue
- Skin rashes and problems such as acne, eczema or rosacea
- Cravings for sugar or carbs
- Arthritis or joint pain
- Depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD
- Autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, and Crohn’s
This damaging of the intestinal walls is caused by a variety of factors: unhealthy diet, food allergies, taking antibiotics and over-the-counter pain medications, incomplete chewing, inadequate stomach acids and pancreatic enzymes, overeating and stress.
In a study conducted by Thomas Jefferson University, researchers discovered a direct link between leaky gut and the root cause of several types of cancer. In fact, protecting the lining of the gut can potentially protect the entire body.
“If the intestinal barrier breaks down, it becomes a portal for stuff in the outside world to leak into the inside world,” said Dr. Waldman, chair of the Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics at Jefferson and director of the Gastrointestinal Cancer Program at Jefferson’s Kimmel Cancer Center. “When these worlds collide, it can cause many diseases, like inflammation and cancer.”
You might be asking, “What can I do?”
The very first thing you need to do is change your diet. period. Most Americans need to change their diets and this might be exactly what you need to kick-start a lifestyle.
The primary contributors to Leaky Gut are wheat, meat, processed foods, dairy, soy, alcohol, caffeine and processed sugar. Ideally, move toward a vegan diet. If you need help with shifting to a plant strong or vegan diet, don’t hesitate to call our Plant Strong Support Team and they can walk you step by step through the process.
I highly suggest you start taking our Pro-Biotic Max Formula which contains a high quality spectrum of 25 Billion live probiotics or “friendly bacteria” per capsule to support gastrointestinal health, promoting the absorption of nutrients in the stomach and intestines, as well as improve elimination of toxic compounds.
Did you know antibiotics kill good bacteria? Pro-Biotic Max will help to replenish the friendly bacteria in your digestive system to help heal Leaky Gut Syndrome and boost your immune system.
What else can you do?
- Avoid excess grains, lectins, gut allergens, and fermented/yeast growing foods that can cause inflammation in your gut. You might not be allergic, but you may have an intolerance. Try an elimination diet and reintroduce these triggers to see how you feel – or rotate foods so you aren’t eating the exact things all the time, which can create an allergy. Take charge of 100% of what goes into your body.
- Add digestive enzymes to your food to help with gut health and better digestion and absorption of food. Add our Transform-Zymes to every meal for a month and you won’t believe how much better you feel!
- Eliminate all processed foods. These are probably the very worst things you can put in your body. Think of it like this – If it wasn’t around 100 years ago or comes in a package, don’t eat it.
- Eat way more vegetables and healthy fats. Of course, more vegetables is a no-brainer! But, healthy fats can be tricky. Try our Omega 3/6/9 Formula, and also include healthy fats in your diet, like avocado and Coconut Oil.
- Last, but by far the least, lower stress! This might be another no-brainer, but stress kills and no one else will lower your stress for you – take charge of your life and make a commitment to do something for yourself every single day – even if it’s just deep breathing. It can save your life!