Today’s world is like a war zone against our children, mentally and physically. From an onslaught of toxins like pesticides, herbicides and artificial flavorings and colorings in our food, fluoride and chemicals in our water, most children are diet poor, which creates conditions for the “perfect storm” where focus is impaired.
When a child has lack of focus or concentration in school, they are often labeled as “hyperactive”or worse, diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and prescribed drugs like Ritalin or Adderall.
Drugs just mask the symptoms, they never get to the heart of the matter. And are often dangerous, altering the personality of the child and their ability to learn. Another downside, is that a child once considered to be too “active”, is now behaving like a child-Zombie, even falling asleep during class.
We don’t believe your child need drugs to focus! Join us over the next 3 weeks, as we cover this topic, as well as others, affecting our young people, including hormones and keeping our young athletes strong and healthy.
We hope you’ll join us. Pass this along to your grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or anyone you know that could benefit from hearing truth in the face of this drug-driven world our young people live in.
Mental FOCUS is Important at any Age
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) diagnoses are on the rise in our nation, with more than 3 million new diagnosis each year.
Scientists have not been able to pinpoint a single cause of this epidemic. However, there are many factors that can contribute. Eleven percent (yes, 11%) of children ages 4-17 were diagnosed with ADHD, a 16% increase since 2007. Click Here to Read More
Do you know a child dealing with attention deficit issues? Here are some areas that are considered to be contributing factors:
1. Pesticides - Consumption of pesticide-laden fruits and vegetables, even in the pregnant mother, are now showing at higher than normal rates of ADD/ADHD in their children.
2. Lead exposure - a neurotoxin, lead has been removed from most homes and schools, but traces of it are still everywhere. A 2009 study found that children with ADHD tend to have higher blood-lead levels than other kids.
3. Food additives – While most European countries have banned certain preservatives, after research linked hyperactivity in children to food that contained mixtures of artificial colors and preservatives, the FDA continues to say that they are safe.
4. Overall Diet – Certain dietary components may affect behavior, and a recent Australian study suggested that adolescents with diets high in fat, refined sugar, soda, and sodium were two times more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD as other kids.
5. Overexposure to Chemicals – Researchers have found a link between polyfluoroalkyl chemicals (PCFs) – industrial compounds widely used in products like stain-resistance coatings and food packaging, and ADHD. Phthalates – found in items like toys, food packaging and cosmetics, have also been linked to ADHD.
6. Deficiencies in Omega-3 fatty acids - which are important for brain development and function, can contribute to ADHD symptoms.
7. Home Environment – can make for stressed and unhealthy children:
- Second-hand smoke
- Stress in the home
- Disorder – children thrive on routine and boundaries
- Sleep – children need more sleep than adults and without it become cranky and irritable
- Lack of a quiet place for homework, creative thinking or reading
Give Your Child Fuel to FOCUS
To help your child with their focus, look at the overall picture, beginning with diet. Studies in school children consistently show that kids who eat breakfast are better able to focus and learn.
Click Here to Read More
A Plant-Strong Diet is Beneficial. You can start by removing hormone and antibiotic laden cow’s milk. Switch to almond, coconut or rice milk.
Here’s a list of food ideas to help you nourish your children.
- Farm Fresh Scrambled Eggs
- Whole Grain Toast with Almond Butter and Banana
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Fresh Fruit
- Fruit Smoothies
Pamela’s Favorite Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
8 -10 oz. Almond, Coconut, Hemp or Soy milk
1 scoop of Protein Plus Superfood Powder
1 cup of your favorite frozen fruits (instead of ice) such as; strawberries, mixed berries, blueberries etc.
1 banana or 1/2 an avocado
½ to 1 teaspoon of Life Transfusion Liquid Minerals
½ to 1 teaspoon Agave
handful of kale
dash or two of Turmeric
dash of Vanilla
dash of Nutmeg (if you use a banana)
Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend till smooth.
Think color and variety! Your young people won’t tire of a lunch box that is filled with different options each day.
Here’s just a quick list to pick from:
- Bagel spread with Tofutti Cream Cheese
- Berries of all kinds!
- Almond Butter Sandwich
- Cold Pasta Dishes filled with cut up veggies (make enough for several different lunches)
- Cut up apples with almond butter
- Pita Chips and Hummus
- Nuts, nuts, nuts (these are so good for the brain!)
- Salad and a breadstick
- Soups (Buy a thermos to send all kinds of leftover soups and casseroles. Older kids will love this)
- Crackers with vegan “pepperoni” and soy cheese slices cut to cracker sizes.
Quesadillas with Feta, hummus and avocado
8 small tortilla
6 oz feta
9 oz canned chickpeas
3 Tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
1/2 Tbsp cumin
a little olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (2-4 Tbsp lemon juice)
some parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
For this quick hummus put chickpeas, tahini, cumin and lemon juice into a blender and chop. Start adding olive oil until the hummus is creamy.
Spread some hummus on each tortillas and sprinkle chopped parsley/coriander over the tortillas. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and remove the flesh with a spoon. Cut into slices and put two or three of them on top of the hummus.
Crumble some of the feta over it and fold the tortilla in half and press together slightly. Heat oil in a pan and fry the quesadillas on both sides crispy.
More Dinner Ideas:
Keeping Your Child Focused
The side effects of ADD/ADHD drugs can be highly detrimental to children and young adults. Issues can range from sleep issues, decreased appetite, to delayed growth and tics. Click Here to Read More
There is a different way to treat children who lack focus. When supplemented properly, combined with control of surrounding environment and diet, many children can go on to lead successful school careers, apart from drugs.
Life Transfusion Liquid Mineral Complex is a complete trace mineral formula high in Magnesium, the tranquility mineral. Magnesium deficiency is rampant today and leads to anxiety and hyperactivity.
Minerals run every organ in the body. They make your heart beat, your brain think, your lungs pump, your pancreas function, they make bones and new hair, skin, nails.
Minerals build the immune system, control insulin and much, much more. Minerals conduct electricity through the cells and the body, particularly the brain.
Add a few drops to your child’s morning smoothie (or mix with cranberry or carrot juice) and you’ll notice a calmness to their mood throughout the day.
Mind Power is ideal for any child over the age of 3, just reduce the number of capsules according to weight.
This extraordinary formula dramatically increases oxygen flow to the brain allowing it to “think clearly”, while conducting high electrical thought patterns and increased volume of thinking.
Mind Power is like an “Einstein-pill” that fuels the genius inside of all of us.
Omega 3/6/9 contains Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) that are just that – “essential” for the body.
EFA’s are the major constituents of all cell membranes. Without fatty acids, the membranes are unable to function. This means the life process comes to a shuddering halt.
“The brain, when its water weight is removed, consists primarily of Essential Fatty Acids. That is why there is so much attention deficit problems with our children. They get next to zero amounts of EFA’s in their junkfood diet.”
-Dr. Linda Page, ND
Nature’s Energy Secret is an amazing supplement naturally supporting the transport and absorption of oxygen throughout the body and especially the brain!
This one ingredient can help a student in all of these areas:
- Attention Span
- Increase circulation to the brain
- Fight depression and emotional stress
- Improve cognitive skills
- Enhance mental work capacity
- Heightens the body’s resistance to stressors
Brain/Mood, Children's Health